Become a video games tester today - click here

Thursday 23 February 2012

Become a Games Tester!

I use to really want to be a games tester.

I still do sometimes think it'd be an interesting profession to take up, even though spending hours doing structured testing and writing bug-reports maybe isn't that apealing...

Having a small voice in the gaming industry, it's still something people ask me on a regular basis - how do I become a games tester? I really want to be a games tester!

The thing is, despite being low pay, long hours and potentially boring, a games tester is a rock-star job. Everyone and his best mate wants to be a games tester, every gamer you speak to talks about becoming a games tester...

I suppose it makes sense, smoeone who spends 6 hours a day gaming, realising they could get paid to what they do already, and get games for free and get to play games before they come out!

Of course - I don't want to allude that it's really like that, sitting in an officer trying to find walls you can walk through in a graphically unfinished glitchy game, then writing a detailed bug report afterwards is more 'interesting' than fun, and probably not that interesting anyway...

Of course there will be times when being a games tester IS all it's cracked up to be, when you're asked to play the latest game and just give an opinion on it... I guess you can take the rough with the smooth...

If you are serious about becoming a games tester, if games testing seems like the career for you and you're prepared to put the work in to be a games tester, then I strongly recommend you read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment