Become a video games tester today - click here

Monday 20 February 2012

Flight Simulators...

It's been a long time since I've played a Flight Simulator... I'm trying to think back now, Warbirds on the PC was one, that was good actually...

And an Atari ST game which had you flying an F-29 I think, I liked that game... Hmmm, what was it called? Falcon! Falcon F-29 Retaliator!

Brilliant... Except I could never land, I'd shoot down a few bogey's bomb some targets - then crash in a ball of flame as I tried futily to land.

I never really got into the non-combative sims. The funny thing is though gaming is all about challenge, and any Sim I've played - the challenge is in landing the damn thing!

I saw this Flight Simulator the other day and I was really tempted, I just want to see if I can land a plane in a flight-sim. Over 30 years of gaming under the belt, I've slain demons, dragons, zombies, vampires, destroyed all manner of starships and bases and killer robots...

I've managed to set insane records in digital sports - my Track & Field PS1 100 metres of 7.09 seconds was a definite 'drugs test' run...

Yet I've never landed a digital plane successfully... I'm itching to try now!

No comments:

Post a Comment