Become a video games tester today - click here

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Games Computer Games : Spending time with Forza 4 and Gears of War 3...

Well my wife was poorly last night, so were the kids so I got to sit down for a good game last night! (Evil aren't I?)

Well, it gave them all a chance to get some peace and quiet and if anyone needed anything I was only on single player so paused and ran up.

The thing is despite my criticism of Forza 4, having started it to try and get a clean KIA C'eed Top Gear Test Track lap - and managing a fairly poor 1:46 something... I started finding it hard to put down... I played some challenges to unlock the Autovista cars then did some world tour... And the inevitable happened.

It happens with every Forza like game I ever played - I end up making a bloody stupid car. In Forza 3 it was my Fiat 500 Abarth and Mazda MX5 that took the biscuit. The 500 had a huge Punto Engine, Rear Wheel Drive and was 500 rated - so classed the same as Ferrari F360's and similar... The MX5 had an RX8 Renesis Engine and every upgrade going - it was rated R3 class at 900 or something... The trouble is you turn traction control off and it was impossible to drive in a straight line...

For Forza 4 I'm already started on an Abarth 500 Essesse. It's currently nearly 200 HP, RWD, with Race Weight reduction and a few other choice mods. It's competitive at the moment - but it's only a class D 350 Rated. It gets harder and harder to keep the car upgraded and competitive as you take it from it's design spec.

One thing that does worry me - I really like the Abarth 500 Essesse, when I need to buy a car in real life I might get one... But after driving 600 HP full race spec, RWD converted ones in Forza 4 is the 160HP FWD stock car still going to be exciting ?

Eventually I tore myself away for a little Gears 3... Dom, Dom... I won't say any more - I don't want to spoil it. Gears 3 is great, really loving the story, the mechanics and the new weapons and enemies. It's a shame the series is ending - so far it's got better and better with each installment. It's definately a game I shall miss... And I don't know if the prequel series covering the pendulum wars will do it for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment