Become a video games tester today - click here

Thursday 12 January 2012

Games Computer Games : When not to game?

I stumbled upon this article on the BBC news site recently: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15923438

Now I'm all for gaming, and trying to get a game in where I can. In these child and work ridden days I'm often forced to resort to a quick chocka on 'Brick Breaker' on my Blackberry while 'dropping the kids off at the pool'.

It's sad I know... But it's how it is...

Having said that I can't imagine ever deciding it was appropriate to tweet my highscores on a game which is essentially measuring the accuracy of my 'peeing'. I suppose if I was visiting a friend who - fearful of the typical male 'spraying all over the shop' event happening hangs a polite notice in their bathroom, requesting men sit on the toilet in their flat... In that situation it might be useful to convince them that their bathroom floor was safe...

Not likely...

The question is what next? Gaming while you sleep? Gaming whie under General Aneasthetic and having a bowel resection? Actually that could work - you could play the Atari ST Classic Life and Death and your success in-game could influence the success of your operation?

I can only think the designers decided to implement this to stem the boredom of standing there peeing into a urinal... The trouble is, personally I'm never actually there long enough to get bored... And ultimately it could be an uber frustrating game - you start to play the ski-ing sim, and rack up an amazing score, are about to top the leaderboard and what happens?

You run out of pee...

So then it's back to the bar, another five pints, while desperately trying to hold it all in so you can have another go? That's encouraging sensible drinking for sure!

I suspect this idea will go the way of the Virtual Boy, interesting concept - but low take up will kill it. Having said that if I walked into a public toilet and this game was there - would I have a go? I'd probable go back for another pint while trying to hold it in, then try to top the leaderboard...

No comments:

Post a Comment