Become a video games tester today - click here

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Games Computer Games : The Christmas Reportage

Well, unfortunately I still don't get to game much...

The kids have been pretty ill most of Christmas and I've had a few days of sickness too. I did get a couple of games though - so I've been taking a break from Left 4 Dead 2 to try out something a little fresher.

First up is Gears of War 3, probably something everyone else has already played and finished - but that is not possible for dual children spawning 35 year old gaming veterans, certainly not this one :(

So far I'm as far through the campaign as the [*SPOILER WARNING*]



[Human Lambent appearing, which is something I predicted would happen.]




[*END SPOILER*]

I am enjoying the story, it's a really polished game and the story is well written. The new weapons are great and add some real variety.

I'll be back to comment more once I've played more of it.

Second up is Forza 4, which I sort of have mixed feelings about. On the one hand it's great, seems a really polished game, plays well, handles well, looks beautiful - but at the same time it's hard to pinpoint what it offers over Forza 3, the obvious thing is the Top Gear content is the obvious - but is it worth buying a new game to hear Televisions most contraversial irritator 'Clarkson' carrying on about cars? If you want to do that you can always turn on Dave!

Of course there is the Top Gear Test Track, which is sort of fun - you can even do it in the reasonably priced car (I got an uncertified 1:39 something) But there isn't really a game mode I can see whereby you set a lap in the same way as the TV show which is dissapointing. You can compete for a flying lap time which is all very nice, but it would have been nicer to be able to compete in a specific standing lap race.

I've yet to get deep into the new career mode, but I will... I still love playing Forza, it's still a great game, but I question how important it is to play Forza 4 over Forza 3? I might even venture that unless you are huge fan of the worlds most irritating motoring journalist 'Clarkson' you might be wasting your money.

I've report back if my opinion on this changes.

1 comment:

  1. Apart from having fun while interacting with other people all over the world, these games can also benefit you with improved concentration skills, as well as with improving the communication abilities. Click here to get more information about online games.

    ReplyDelete